Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Recipe: Palak Methi Egg Fry

Almost all my recipes will have the background of my daughter. Will think about her in whatever I do. Then came the idea of adding green leaves into her favourite egg fry. If leafy vegetables given separately she will keep them aside. So mixed them in her favourite fry and the idea worked :-) 
 
 
Ingredients:
 
Egg - 1
Palak - 3 to 4 strands
Methi - few
Coriander leaves
Lemon juice- 1/2 tspn
Jeera and Mustard seeds for tadka
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Pepper powder - as required
Salt - as required
Oil - 2 tspn
 
 
Preparation:
 
1. Take oil in a pan and add jeera and mustard seeds.
2. Add tomato, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt. Cook the tomatoes properly.
3. Break an egg in the pan and fry till it cooks.
3. Add the leafy vegetables (Palak, Methi & Coriander)
4. Let the leaves cook properly until there is no water in the fry
5. Before serving add some lemon juice to it.
 
 
Note: For enhanced taste you can add Chat masala to the fry.
 
It is a very easy recipe and you never regret doing this. Even if I prepared this to my daughter, I personally liked it alot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment