Pages

Thursday 2 August 2012

Arts&Crafts: Anchor Stitch Kit

Stiching is my hobby. Still I like to do simple works which completes in small durations (I dont want to stress my eyes by stiching delicate designs)

In search of those kind of works I came across this Anchor Stitch kit. Till then I thought the easy way to create decorative wall hangings is by sand painting. Anyways it is not as easy as sand painting but yet simple compared to other stiching works.
Manyfactured by Madura Coats Private Limited.




Items provided in the kit:


  1. Netted sheet with printed design and clues to fill the colour.
  2. Cotton threads. Each will have a number associated to it and in the kit alphabets will be provided for each color. These alphabets will be provided as clues in the netted sheet.
  3. Needle
Price: somewhere around 300Rs (I don't remember this exactly. As I bought this 1 and half years back


How to Stitch:


Only thing we need to do is to identify proper color and stitch in the vertical directions in the netted sheet for the part related to that color. Needle needs to be taken up from back side of the hole from the top border and should be inserted into the hole of bottom border in the same line.






Its very simple and they have very good collection of designs in different sizes.
We can decorate this by pasting some chamki or kundans etc. Frame the sheet. It looks beautiful with the work. Even if there is no separate border for two colors in the design we can differentiate the design properly. Availability is not a problem.
Hope you people like this.Try to do this you will never regret of buying these designs.

2 comments:

  1. I love doing the stitch kits too. I'm working on this one now..it looks beautiful. Can't wait to finish mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Parvathi,

    Thank you... I would love to see your final output....

    ReplyDelete